Search This Blog

Friday 13 January 2012

Best of 2011 #6: The language of love

Is it love, or lurve? That was the question in my mind as I read Song of Songs, erotic Jewish love poetry. Yes, it's in the Bible. And why not?

Here are my reflections on the poem from May. Day 140: Bride and Bridegroom

I read a different version: The Message. Here's chapter 5

There's a lot of talk about how the internet is changing people's attitudes to sex. Research into 16-24's sexual habits was the subject of a recent BBC TV programme: Websex. One of its conclusions is that social networking has encouraged promiscuity and virtual sex, and further taken the waiting our of wanting.

I don't want to be judgemental, neither do I want to be harrumphing like a grumpy old man, but it's hard not to think that things were better then.

No comments:

Post a Comment