Search This Blog

Monday 30 May 2011

What does it mean, "point your browser"?

It's Bank Holiday, and I thought I'd try and understand a few arcane things about the internet.
Sometimes I think I'm really quite good with computers, and pretty knowledgeable. Then along comes something that makes me feel like I should go back to my quill and pot of ink.


This blog is powered by Blogger, and it's delightfully simple.
I wanted to create a church website using Blogger, and did for a while, but discovered I couldn't upload audio files, so my dream of podcasting sermons fell by the wayside.
So I tried Wordpress, and after a lot of effort, more or less got things back to how they looked under Blogger.

But I discovered I've got a 2Mb limit on media files.
No problem, said the help. Just edit your php.ini file.
What's one of them?

Why does nobody else on the entire internet have any trouble finding their php.ini file??
Or if they do, why do they post questions that are too technical to follow?
Surely it's not that hard??

No comments:

Post a Comment