Search This Blog

Friday 27 May 2011

Day 148: More Proverbs

More Proverbs?? How many are there, exactly? No - don’t answer that, it’ll only depress me.

More wise sayings
Proverbs 24: 15-34
Solomon’s later proverbs
Proverbs 25:1
Wise conduct
Proverbs 25:2-28
Other sins
Proverbs 26:1-28
Other maxims
Proverbs 27:1-27
Contrast between good and evil
Proverbs 28:1-18
The way to lasting wealth
Proverbs 28:19-28

It’s fair to say that my enthusiasm for Proverbs is waning. I’m not sure I’m learning anything new, beyond my “mosaic” image, for what the book as a whole is doing. But, every now and then one hits me with a sense of freshness and surprise: “An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips.” (Proverbs 24:26)
At their best, they’re simple, memorable and striking. I’ll remember that one, no doubt about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment