Search This Blog

Monday 10 January 2022

Where are we going?

 So we're beginning a new Bible Reading journey, and the aim is to read the Bible as it wants to be read.

Rather than dividing the Bible up into chapters and verses, the aim is to pay attention to the literary units that it consists of. So for instance, the book of Genesis has 50 chapters, but there are 4 main sections, which BibleProject call movements.

Genesis 1-11 - Creation, and the downward spiral of human choice

Genesis 12-23 - The story of Abraham

Genesis 24-36 - the stories of Isaac and Jacob

Genesis 37-50 - the story of Joseph

We will be concentrating on the first movement, and reading Genesis 1-11.

First I'll read chapters 1-4, and make some comments on each, then go back over what we've read, and look for an important theme. This might make your eyes pop - it did for me when I read one particular verse in a whole new way.

So in my next post, it'll be the first Creation story: Genesis 1:1-2:3. Why not go away and read it now, then catch up with me in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment