Search This Blog

Sunday 26 May 2013

Finding God in unlikely places

I'm meant to be on a prayer journey at the moment. As you know, if you're a regular follower of my blog.
But nothing has happened this week because of various things, one the main ones being the arrival of OFSTED at my local school.
I'm not allowed to divulge the outcome of the report before it is published, but anyone who has connections with the world of education will know how stressful the inspectors' visits can be.
It was very hard not to get caught up in the tension, and to let nerves get the better of me when with Sue the Chair of Governors, I took my turn to be lightly grilled.
It turned out not to be the ordeal I feared. The inspector was calm, friendly and understanding. She smiled. She urged us to relax. She communicated that she was here to inspect, not to judge.
In short, she did all that I wanted to do for the staff - bring a little sniff of the peace of God into the school in the midst of the anxiety and fear.
In the midst of a time of great testing, God was present, brought in by the most unlikely of people, found in the most unsought for place - the person of the OFSTED inspector.

No comments:

Post a Comment