Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Day 5: Tobit chapter 5

Right you are Dad. I’ll remember what you told me. But this money. How am I going to be able to get it? What are the security arrangements. And where does this fellow live?
Well, Tobit can help with the security, and Raphael turns up to help with the rest. Tobit wants to be sure he’s kosher, so asks him who he is and who are his family. Raphael spins a story that convinces blind Tobit, and he is content to let Tobias go with him. I was expecting Tobit to get healed at this point, but we’ve got to wait a while for that. Anna’s worries are soothed by Tobit, and the angel and the young man set off together.
Will there be adventures on the way?



Yesterday I got accused of being "smug" in what I have written about Tobit so far. Fair cop, is my reply, except that I would suggest I'm not being as deep as that! But perhaps I am not showing the text enough respect.
I'll try and think a little more seriously about the rest of the story, though in my defence I have to say that so far it has genuinely struck me as a fairly formulaic morality tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment